Planning the music for your wedding doesn’t have to be a stressful – in fact, it can be one of the most enjoyable aspects of your wedding preparation! To help you out, the following are our Top Tips to help you get the perfect soundtrack for your wedding day:
1) Show your personality! Your music selections can be a great way to personalise your wedding. For important moments like your processional, reception entrance, and cake cutting, select songs that hold special meaning to you and your partner.
2) Get it in writing. To avoid any confusion or misunderstandings, make sure your band or DJ provides a contract for you that clearly states the performers start and finish times, the number of performers booked and the number of sets they are doing.
3) What DON’T you want to hear? Informing your band or DJ of the songs you definitely don’t want played on the night can be just as important as letting them know the ones you do.
4) Keep them in the loop. If you have a certain theme for your wedding that you want reflected in the entertainers outfits, or a particular song you really want performed, make sure to give the band/DJ plenty of notice so that they have time to prepare.
5) Trust the professionals. While you should definitely let the band/DJ know what songs and artists you would like to hear on the night, don’t get too caught up in structuring the songs lists to a tee. If you’ve booked a professional group, they’ll have extensive experience at reading the crowd, and knowing what they want to hear, leaving you to just relax and enjoy the music!